If you wish to apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential candidate will be a technical liaison between Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers to ensure quality assurance of our products, resolve quality issues, implement and provide technical support. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Artisan Vehicle Systems and suppliers. Quality Assurance roles are responsible for multiple commodities, like but not limited to batteries, high voltage, charging systems and raw materials.
- Two-year certification from college or technical school; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing and quality assurance
Skills/Special Training Required to Effectively Perform the Job
- Must have excellent reading skills and have a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient use and familiarity with hand tools, CMM, XY table and electrical bench top meters.
- Ability to read, understand and follow assembly instructions, including visual aids and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast- paced environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint and database software
- Must be a methodical problem solver.
- Basic math skills
- Basic understanding of electronic circuits
- Must be able to work in various areas or with a variety of products.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of ISO Quality System standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, facilities and equipment
- Ability to work with, monitor and develop quality performance metrics as they relate to quality KPI metrics
- Create CMM programs from CAD Solid Works
- Proficient use of surface plate inspection and associated inspection tools
Responsibilities: List responsibilities/activities
- Define, execute and audit the design, development, verification and validation process
- Push resolving key quality issues and continuous process improvement
- Review / audit supplier’s manufacturing processes and quality systems
- Implement and monitor the part qualification and certification process with selected suppliers
- Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions
- Improve quality performance of suppliers
- Review and approve supplier quality plans on new part programs
- Administer, review and approve supplier quality surveys
- Maintain required documentation and files
- Discuss part critical characteristics and required process controls
- Ensures that only calibrated inspection tool is used for inspection and handles tools appropriately to prevent damage. Reports damaged or lost tools to the department supervisor or manager
- Communicate urgent issues to Leadership
- Conducts a thorough documentation review, ensuring that all information recorded on quality records are complete and meets the requirement of proper documentation practices
- Assist in root cause analysis activities as required
- Performs other task in the department, such as; material handling, organizing the inspection queue area, providing technical support to peers as needed, perform source inspection at the supplier’s site, etc
- Acts as Artisan Vehicle system’s representative when performing inspection at the Supplier Site (Source Inspection). This person is expected to perform this duty according to AVS’s professional conduct
- Final inspection for manufactured assemblies and/or modules
- In process inspection for machined parts, sheet metal parts, or weld assemblies. Inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies, printed circuit board assemblies and cable & harness assemblies
- Inspects the acceptability of purchased and manufactured materials by thorough examination(visual/mechanical) according to material specifications (engineering drawings) and using the appropriate inspection tools and inspection methodology (GD&T Principles). Write CMM programs
- Takes responsibility for safety in immediate work area. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned by QA Management
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to multi-task working environment
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Prioritizes work assignments to ensure timely completion
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (0-25%)
- Requires ability to reach and stand on continuous basis and to lift 15 pounds on a continuous basis and up to 40 pounds infrequently
- Teamwork, cooperation, positive attitude and strong work ethic
Careers with Artisan
Artisan offers a career opportunity with an international company that develops and creates cutting edge electric and hybrid technology. You will be part of a fast growing family of highly motivated people who have a strong will to succeed. With us, you have substantial opportunities for personal development, and will be working with highly skilled colleagues. Artisan Vehicle Systems provides a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans, paid vacation and 8 paid holidays.