If you wish to apply for this position, please email email@example.com
First of three levels of assembler (Beginner); diversified mechanical assembly of assemblies and/or subassemblies that are moderately complex, requiring adjusting, fitting and aligning to ordinary tolerances. Works from drawings and/or specifications; inspects and tests finished units. Assembles parts and devices to support production needs with minimal supervision. Requires ability to interpret and follow written instructions and Blueprints.
- Trade School preferred
- On the job training available
- At least 1 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills/Special Training Required to Effectively Perform the Job
- IPC-A-620B and J-STD-1000 certification preferred
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, manufacturing document specifications, and B.O.M.; gathering necessary tools and materials
- Perform tasks using vernier calipers, micrometers, and height gauges to accurately measure parts and verify tolerances
- Assembles equipment components, sub-assemblies, and accessories, as required for the assigned stage of production
- Resolves assembly problems to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Documents actions stamping off on completed sequences and operations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Sufficient reasoning ability to understand detailed, yet repetitive, written and oral instructions, and solve straightforward problems
- Identifying non-conforming parts and recommend modifications or possible redesign of existing or new parts. Provide input for assembly procedures and constant product improvement
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages
- Utilize various types of material handling equipment including hand trucks, carts, fork trucks, scissor lifts, etcetera where required
- Work or assist in other departments to balance workloads and to meet schedule priorities. Assist in other non-production areas as may be required by supervision or management.
- Knowledge and ability to use torque wrenches to adjust parts and equipment, or install parts and equipment, following established specifications and procedures
- General knowledge of machines and equipment functionality, and how tools could be used on such equipment/machines. This includes the ability to learn new systems quickly, understanding how parts relate, and how they impact system functionality. The position also requires manual dexterity or the ability to work quickly with hands
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Management
- Basic knowledge in the usage of hand tools, hand held power tools, fabricating equipment, and portable air tools; ability to drill, ream, tap, and install heli-coils in various size holes.
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools, and work area clean and orderly and a continued dedication to raising the bar
- Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team based attitude. Support peers in time of high demand by working hours assigned and overtime as required; also comply with scheduled start/stop times and break periods for the facility
- Perform arithmetic calculations, read and record detailed measurements, and ability to convert fractions to decimals / millimeters.
- Requires the ability to lift, pull, push and guide medium weight objects frequently up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be fluent in reading and speaking English to properly interpret schematics and all documentation.
- Teamwork, cooperation, positive attitude and strong work ethic
Careers with Artisan
Artisan offers a career opportunity with an international company that develops and creates cutting edge electric and hybrid technology. You will be part of a fast growing family of highly motivated people who have a strong will to succeed. With us, you have substantial opportunities for personal development, and will be working with highly skilled colleagues. Artisan Vehicle Systems provides a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans, paid vacation and 8 paid holidays.